Hi friendly people! I hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend! I know I did. I managed to read an entire book; I couldn’t put it down it was that good. Now if you have an aversion to animal cruelty you may cringe at some points in the story, but it is totally worth the read. The author thoroughly captivated me with her descriptive writings and believable storyline. And I can’t wait until April 22nd for the movie to come out with Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson.
Reading and lazing around didn’t consume the entire weekend. I cut grass and did far too many loads of laundry. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike doing laundry? It is not getting it to the washer. Nor is it putting it in the dryer. It is; however, the part that involves folding, hanging, and the most disliked of all is finding a drawer or empty space in the closet to stuff it into.
Like I said, some things were enjoyable though. Like these blackened redfish tacos.
Blackened Redfish Tacos
4 (6 ounce) redfish fillets, skin on
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
4 whole wheat tortillas
1 cup broccoli slaw
2 tbsp. wholy guacomole
2 tbsp. 0% plain greek yogurt
optional toppings: reduced fat cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa
1. Combine thyme and next 6 ingredients through salt in small bowl.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium high heat. Make sure you let it get hot; this is essential to the blackening process.
3. Meanwhile, brush filets with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub each with spice mixture.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to pan. Add fillets skin side up and cook for 3 minutes. Flip skin side down and cook 3 to 4 additional minutes until fish flakes easily.
5. While fish cooks, mix broccoli slaw, guacamole, and greek yogurt in a bowl and set aside.
6. Remove fish from skins. Top tortillas evenly with fish, 1/4 cup of broccoli slaw, and optional toppings if desired.
7. Roll up the taco and enjoy!
I stayed up way too late last night finishing Water for Elephants, so I totally wanted to play hooky from work but that is unlike me so I went in after a bowl of cereal.
Kashi Vanilla Island Wheat Squares, Praline Granola, Apple Cinnamon Baby Cereal, Cinnamon Almonds, and Sliced Banana with 1 % milk. Plus I drank some hot mango green tea.
I grabbed lunch in a jiffy from the cabinet—a can of Amy’s No Chicken Noodle Soup + Apple. Here is a sneak peak into my lunch kit.
After tutoring I had an apple pie larabar and a colby jack cheese stick. Yesterday’s intended dinner turned into tonight’s since it wasn’t ready in time. Chris slow cooked a boston butt pork roast on the grill yesterday for about 8 hours. We ate it on sandwich thins topped with Hungry Girl’s Not- So- Secret BBQ Sauce, lowfat mayo, and spinach/arugula mix. On side we shared some crispy oven baked fries.
Currently, I am thinking about grabbing some hot tea as I watch “Bethenny Ever After.” She cracks me up! Have a good one!