This meal is much less of a unique recipe, but much more an easy satisfying meal to throw together rather quickly.
E-Z Baked Ziti
1 13 oz. box whole wheat rigatoni
1 jar tomato basil sauce
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 bag baby spinach
2 cups mexican cheese shreds with a touch of cream cheese
1 tsp. sugar
Seasonings to taste:
salt and pepper
1. Boil pasta according to package and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350*. Brown ground meat and drain.
3. Add sauce to meat with 1/4 c water to rinse jar. Add seasonings to taste with sugar. Mix in spinach. Simmer over medium heat for ten minutes or until heated through and spinach is wilted.
4. Mix pasta, sauce mixture, and cheese until combined. Add salt and pepper if desired.
5. Pour mixture into casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more.