Today is the day I was born back in 1982. Gosh, I feel like I’m so old being so close to thirty, but when I see kids in high school and college I don’t feel that there is that much of a difference. Woke up for work and had some b-fast before heading out–greek honey yogurt, handful of blackberries, handful of blueberries, and a handful of peanut butter granola. Cold and refreshing!
Before the start of our faculty meeting, the entire faculty sang Happy Birthday to me. As a kid that is the best thing ever, but as an adult a little bit embarrassing. But it definitely brightened up my day!
After of a mornings of meetings (Umm, have I been drinking? No! Just got done exercising; I should be more clear-headed!), it was time for lunch. I enjoyed turkey, laughing cow light swiss, and dijonaisse on a bagel thin. On side I ate some celery and carrot sticks dipped in jalapeno hummus and a dark chocolate square.
Since it was my birthday, another teacher bought me a cake, which I didn’t think to snap a picture; and that is something I should be snapping without being all secretive about it. It was a marbled cake with fluffy white and purple icing. I did bring a couple pieces (smashed) home, so took a picture of them so you could get a sneak peek.
I probably ate a piece about the size of the smaller one. But might have more in a few.
Ate a handful of these chips with salsa while I heated up dinner.
After Dad visited for a while, I heated up some red beans I had in the freezer to enjoy over brown rice. (The hubby is working late so we will celebrate with the family another day.) I had a cup of the beans over a cup of rice with bits of pickled meat and one piece of smoked sausage.
Next, I decided to hit up the gym for some cardio. I did 30/5/20 on the elliptical, stairmaster, and bike. Then decided it was 10 minutes to 9 and I needed to get home.
So that’s how I rolled on this fine day of the year! Not exactly a party, but I don’t really see a need to cry about anything. I did get some fab things out of the deal:
1. A Happy Birthday Song
2. A Delish Cake
3. People Being Extra Nice
4. Over 30 Messages on My Facebook Page
5. A Check From Dad (and visit from Dad)
6. A Call From MawMaw Stating She Had My Bond
7. Several Texts From Hubby
8. Coupon For a Free Smoothie When I Checked In At the Gym
9. A Bunch of “Thank You’s” For Sharing the Cake
10. A Comment on Yesterday’s Blog Post
11. Goodies For My Classroom from the Account Clerk
12. A Sony Cybershot Camera from Hubby (got it Saturday though; he can’t ever wait for the actual day)
13. A Shopping Trip and Lunch with Mom (took place Sunday)
14. A Call From Sister (we’ll be meeting up tomorrow evening and Sunday)
15. Several Compliments throughout the Day
Thank you to everyone for making my day special! I would say it’s been a good day! 🙂 And in the words of Martha Stewart, “it’s a good thing.”
Question of the Day: What is one thing that brightened up your day today?